So here is my Kitchen Confession for the week...I don't really cook in the summer. I'll get the Mr. to grill on the weekends and a lot of time we'll have leftovers from that or I'll just make dinners out of whatever is in the fridge or we graze on appetizer type foods like hummus, cheese and crackers, fruits and veggies, etc. It's just so hot and the last thing I want to be doing is hanging out over a hot stove.
However, with school starting right around the corner I feel the need to get back on my dinner game. Plus, this week has been kind of crazy with tumbling classes, soccer camp in the evening and all of the sports and activities getting ready to gear back up. I decided to throw together one of my family's favorite easy dinners last night. It's actually a breakfast casserole that has somehow morphed into a dinner meal for us. I love it because I can put it together in the afternoon and then cook it right before we are ready to eat.
It's light, but filling and perfect with a side of fruit for an easy, crowd-pleaser kind of weekday meal.
1 lb. sausage
1 can crescent rolls
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown sausage and set aside.
2. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and unroll crescent rolls to line the bottom of the dish.
3. Spread sausage over the crescent rolls.
4. Beat eggs and stir in salt/pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
5. Pour egg mixture over the sausage.
6. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
It's a super easy meal and the best part is if you have left overs you have a yummy breakfast, too!
Follow us on Pinterest HERE.
Follow us on Instagram HERE.
Follow us on Facebook HERE.
Follow us on Twitter HERE.